Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tiredness ... in pictures

So what can be said about the first few weeks back from the hospital? Lots of crying, lots of late night feeding, and that's just for us, the parents. The baby, Stella, that's a whole different story.

People keep on asking me if I'm tired, if I'm getting enough sleep. I always say, and mean it when I say it, that I am doing okay sleepwise. I add that Randi is the one doing more late night work. Because even if I change some poopy diapers at 3:00 a.m., Randi does that and awakes to feed the baby, which is an ongoing chore. I will get into all these issues into further posts: Stella's sleeplessness, Stella's ongoing hunger, Stella's colic, our various methods of trying to cope. Most of which fail.

But, here's the thing. I always say I'm not tired, but then I look at the photos snapped within the first few weeks of Stella's life, and I look wiped out in most of them. The camera doesn't lie, folks, it's all right below.

Randi, by contrast, always looks great. Despite being at her wit's end half the time, and feeding all night, she looks fresh as can be. It's inexplicable!

See: Randi








See: Dave























No comments: