Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Notes From A Newsroom Pt. 3--Animals

ANIMALS:

I don’t know the average life span of a guinea pig but I’m sure five years is enough. I think it’s time for a lesson in natural selection.

From: xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

I am writing on behalf of Mrs. Gilman’s second grade class at P.S. 193Q. We have a 5 year old guinea pig named Fudge who is sick and in need of medical assistance. We searched locally for a vet who was willing to donate his time but was unsuccessful. Fudge had a tumor surgically removed 3 years ago. Sadly, the tumor has returned. If Fudge doesn’t receive proper medical attention soon, her future doesn’t look bright. Our hope is that if our situation receives some publicity, a vet who is willing to donate his time and talents may come forward. Fudge has lived in Mrs. Gilman’s class her entire life. She has munched her way into the hearts of not only the children, but most of the staff. We are hoping you can help.

************************************************************************

Ewe, gross. I think I’ll pass on this one.
From: xxxxxxxx@aol.com

Hi, I don’t want to appear on TV or have my name broadcast but could you investigate internet websites that show sex between animals and humans? This is sick and I don’t like to see those things. I told the ASPCA about this but they told me to tell you guys. I want to see those sick bastards in jail!

***********************************************************************

We hate clichés but you have to let a dead dog lie. Six years is my cutoff for looking for carcasses.


From: xxxxxxxxx@earthlink.net

(Date of e-mail: April 14th, 2005)
On May 10, 1998 in the early 2-3am hours my dog was killed on 8th Ave. and 29th St. It was a hit and run. My dogs’ body was never found. The car continued to drive away with my dog trapped…I was in extreme shock. I contacted the police… They drove me around and I could not find his body. My roommate’s boyfriend who is deaf went out looking. I posted signs, I called shelters and vets. I tried to get a story but Frank Sinatra died soon after and nobody would print it. I know this is years later and that you probably can’t do anything, but I always harbor hope to find someone out there to find his body.
************************************************************************

Hey, c’mon lady, the dog’s working!

From: xxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

I would like to now if a Police Officer can let their Work Dog go to the bathroom in front of your apartment door & leave it there for you to clean it up even though you asked him to clean it up, he walks off & gets in the car, laughs then leave, is there a way to get him in trouble for that?

************************************************************************

Ever see a cat skeleton in a tree? Didn’t think so.

From: xxxxxxxx@mac.com.

we need help getting a cat out of a tree in brooklyn that’s been there for 5 days. Nobody will help.

************************************************************************

Hey, people! Maybe these cats are just avoiding you!

From: xxxxxxxxxx@aol.com

My cat is stuck on the roof. My family tried to get her down but the roof is just too high. My cat has been up there for three days.

No comments: